In this example, we want to link a page from the AirMason Culture Book to the AirMason Handbook. The anchor has already been created in AirMason Handbook. Now we will create a link be linking the AirMason Culture book to the AirMason handbook.
Please refer back to the article below to learn how to create an anchor before linking the AirMason documents together:
1. At this point, you should have "anchored" the text or content that you want to link to.
2. Click the three dots and then click "Settings".
3. Copy the entire handbook URL and then click "Back to dashboard" at the very top.
4. This time, hover over the document you want to link to click "Edit content".
This will open the editor.
5. Locate and highlight the text you want to link.
6. Click on the link icon in the toolbar that pops up.
7. Another pop-up will appear where you can paste the URL. The document URL should come first, followed by the # anchor tag.
In this example, the full URL should read as: https://books.airmason.com/airmason8/fullhandbook#who_we_are
Tip: You can change the target to either:
New window: open in a new tab when clicked
None: open within the same browser window when clicked
8. Click on OK to apply the changes.
9. Voila! You have now linked your documents together. Be sure to test it out!
Important reminders when testing links:
The document that has the anchor tag needs to be published with the changes.
Change the anchored document setting to public temporarily. (This will save you time so you don't have to login each time to test a link.)
In the document that is NOT anchored, grab the preview link.
Test out all your links that will open to the anchored handbook.